Updated: Oct 30, 2020
Product photography for an eCommerce store can be done at good quality on your own if you have the right system in place.
2. Portable Studio. (For Small products)
At present, a good mobile phone is enough to do product photography to an extent. Decent product photos can be acquired by using most of the smartphone cameras as they come packed with an impressive aperture size and amazing image sensor. Some of the best in the market are mentioned here.
The iPhone 11 Pro. - Check the price at Amazon here
Google Pixel 4a. - Check the price at Amazon here
Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra. - Check the price at Amazon here
Samsung galaxy S10+. - Check the price at Amazon here
Beginners in product photography don't have to worry about a digital camera if you are fine with mobile photographs. The learning curve of a digital camera can affect your work and enthusiasm as a beginner. If you are keen on getting professional quality photographs and comfortable with investing in a camera, below are some options.
The Portable studio makes photography portable, and easier than ever. This studio is very handy when it comes to photography products like jewellery, small toys, cosmetics, etc.
1. Grizzly Portable studio Box.
Unique design, good quality and easy installation. Easy shooting: Press switch comes steady soft built-in illuminant, adjustable lighting, portable with highly bright shooting effect.
Collapses into a thin, portable, and durable portfolio case.
LED lights can be placed anywhere inside the box. The lights can be dimed or brightened as per requirements
2. Smiledrive Portable Professional Photo Lighting Booth
EASY TO SET UP, ASSEMBLE, DISASSEMBLE & CARRY: Use the metal rods, connect them with the knobs and make a metal cube structure. Cover it with the photo studio cover and zip it up. Connect the LED lights magnetic tips to the metal rods and you are ready to shoot the images. Just as easily you can disassemble the portable studio and carry it along in the carry bag.
Perfect for clicking product images like mobile accessory, jewellery, watches, ties, hand bags, wallets etc,
3. Osaka Portable Photo Studio
No complicated assembling, no rod, no connector, no tubes no glue no long time installation, the photo box folds into itself and can be carrying storage bag in which put adapter and other objects
Multiple opening and closing ways enable camera to choose any photo shooting position.
Brightness adjusting rotary knob adjusts brightness easily without extra setting.
Back Drops: Backdrops are ideal if you are a textile merchant or looking to shoot big products that require more space. It's also fine if you have a clean wall or cloth instead of backdrops. (Hard to keep it clean for a long time)
1. Coku Polyester Wrinkle Resistant Photography Backdrop Background Cloth for Photo Shoot.
Polyester Wrinkle Resistant , good vertical sense and durable.
Only the cloth, Stand must be bought separately.
8x12 ft Background and Curtain Ring Hooks, perfect for television, video production and digital photography.
Rod pocket on each top edge allows to be draped or hung.
Finished along all edges to prevent tears.
Background Support Kit: This is important when it comes to backdrops. The backdrop support kit contains metallic stands that hold the backdrop in place and clips. These are available in different sizes as per requirement.
Prolite Background Support Kit.
Portable and Foldable Photography Backdrop Stand Kit suitable for holding Photography & Videography Backdrops
Non-slip Italian Flip locks, Adjustable Height & Width, Heavy Duty, Sturdy Make
Supporting accessories like mobile and camera tripods, Photographic backgrounds, extra lights for indoor photography, etc.
1. Tygot 13 inch Flexible Gorillapod Tripod with Mobile Attachment for DSLR, Action Cameras & Smartphones
2. Eloies® Jaguar 3 Way Pan Head Photo Video Heavy Built Tripod for Mobile Phones and Cameras.
3. Flat Lay Flatlay Tabletop Photography Backdrop Background for Food, Jewelry, Cosmetics, Small Product
4. Simpex LED 180 with Build-in Battery. Portable LED Light
Taking good quality and appealing product photos involve things more than the gear.
- Make sure the area you are photographing is clean. Any small silt or hair will be seen exaggerated in your photo.
- Try to give proper lighting focussed on the product to avoid huge editing hustle later.
- When it comes to e-commerce product photography, it's ideal you keep the same background for all products to please the customer's eyes. Uniformity generates trust.